We are delighted that Andy Rawlinson of the South East Regional Organised Crime Unit (SEROCU) will be holding 3 free 1.5 hour seminars for exhibitors on cyber security and strategy development for companies.
SEROCU Cyber Protect provide FREE cyber awareness sessions to organisations including business, education, public services, local government and the charitable sector. Our cyber awareness sessions take up to 2 hours and cover:
· Current Cyber Threats and Trends • Supply Chain risks and Accreditation
· Data Breaches • Effective Passwords & 2FA
· Ransomware • Backups
· Cyber Drills • Response Planning
... and many other topics
SEROCU also offer a boardroom exercise designed to explore the decisions that people make in order to protect their businesses from modern day threats. It takes approximately 1 hour and the target audience is senior leaders and decision makers. They have the ability to run ten games simultaneously for larger groups.
SEROCU can come to you provided you have a suitable venue. They are happy to work with other organisations to deliver free events to groups of small businesses. Sessions are delivered by fully trained Police Officers from the Cyber Crime Unit.
Find out more: https://serocu.police.uk/cyber-protect/
8 spaces are available on each seminar and the 3 seminars will be held across the day so up to 24 exhibiting companies can benefit from this offer. Booking a space is dependent on having booked your stand - only 1 space will be made available to any exhibiting company on a first come first served basis.
The booking process will be managed by the Business Innovation South team after a stand is booked and paid for.
Seminar timings available: 10.30 am - 12.00 noon
12.30 pm - 2.00 pm
2.30 pm - 4.00 pm
Presenting cyber security training, risk/vulnerability assessment, incident response and mitigation advice to SMEs and public sector organisations at all corporate levels.
Speaking platforms include events hosted by major high street banks, and bespoke employee awareness sessions for household name brands (and supply chain), NHS, schools, councils and national charities.
Andy is experienced in:
- Providing live cyber awareness training to thousands of employees from over hundreds of separate businesses.
- Providing high level Information Security advice to hundreds of small/medium businesses
- Providing incident response/post incident support to business victims of cyber crime.
- Delivering tabletop exercise workshops to the senior managers of 100's of organisations in the South East.
- Managing convicted cyber crime offenders, attempting to rehabilitate and divert them into legitimate careers.
Andy is a volunteer with The Cyber Helpline – a not-for-profit organisation providing instant help to individual victims of cyber crime contain, recover and learn from cyber attack. Andy is also a STEM Ambassador, encouraging the next generation into STEM careers.