Potential exhibitors and attendees may have questions - this guide aims to answer as many of those questions as possible. If we do not achieve that please don’t hesitate to email:-
+ What is the Business Innovation South Expo and why should I attend as an exhibitor?
• The South's first large-scale annual science, technology, engineering and business innovation expo event outside of London that serves and supports the Southern region • The Expo provides a showcase for established companies providing key services and products in the STEM and business innovation sectors and their servicers to promote themselves to potential customers/clients • Both established and newer businesses can exhibit and no matter what size, each company will have equal status at the event • An opportunity to engage with organisations involved in STEM research be that individual companies or universities/hubs and provide a platform for them to engage with businesses promoting their research, services/products amongst themselves and to a wider audience
+ What is the Business Innovation South Expo and why should I attend as a visitor?
• The Expo provides a forum where companies can bring themselves up to speed with the latest technologies and products available to ensure their company is at the forefront of their given markets, reducing their costs/environmental impact, protect and future proof themselves and helping to power their business • An opportunity to hear enlightening and inspiring talks both business related and from within the science, technology, engineering and business innovation sectors
+ Why do I need to pre-register?
Pre-registering allows the hotel and organisers to know how many visitors will be attending the exhibition. In pre-registering you can then choose if you wish to add the uplift to include the buffet lunch as well as pre-booking your place(s) in any speaker sessions. Another benefit will be that you will receive any update emails prior to the event to help you get the most out of your day.
+ Why do I need to pre-book the speaker slots I wish to attend?
There are 5 speaker sessions throughout the day and spaces for each are limited to 130. As we are anticipating attendee numbers to exceed that number it is essential that seats are pre-booked to ensure the smooth running of this element of the day. Spaces are FREE but must be booked. To book your visitor place simply follow the link "I'd like to visit" which is at the bottom of each website page - you will be prompted to book your speaker sessions(s).
+ How can I book a stand?
To ensure you get the most out of the day for your company we would recommend that you go to the page named "zone/stand information". Here you can see the individual Zones and the stands available within those Zones. We would then recommend you look at the Exhibitors section to see who is already booked to exhibit and what Zones they are in. This will enable you to make a decision on which Zone would be best for your company. Finally, simply click on "I'd like to exhibit" and it will lead you to the booking section.
+ How can I register to attend?
Click on "I'd like visit"
+ How much does it cost to attend as a visitor?
£10+ VAT is the entrance fee. This includes refreshments upon arrival and any speaker sessions you choose to pre-book (please remember spaces are limited to 130 and are available on a pre-booked first come first served basis) your visitor bag and the days programme.
To ensure you get the most out of the day we would recommend that prior to the Expo day you re-visit the website to see who is exhibiting in each Zone, follow the links to their websites and decide who you want to particularly see on the day. You can print out the individual Zones so you can plan your day making allowance for any speaker session(s) you are attending.
+ If I plan to be at the expo all day, what food and drinks are available?
For exhibitors their lunch is included within the stand fee, for visitors you can pay an uplift of £10+ VAT for a pass to the hotel restaurant where a buffet lunch and refreshments will be served between 12 noon and 2.30pm
+ What is the agenda for the expo?
Expo start time is 10am and will run until 4.30pm. Speaker sessions commence at 10.30am and will run hourly upto and including a 3.30pm session. Each session will include 20-30 minutes talk and upto 15 minutes q/a time.
+ What are the benefits of exhibiting?
Outside of London there are few large-scale showcases and yet the South is leading the way in many areas with key centres of excellence across many of these sectors – BIS Expo has been created to provide an affordable platform for these businesses to promote themselves to as wide an audience as possible.
Whilst the majority of stands will naturally be for companies within the science, technology, engineering and business innovation sectors BIS Expo have invited a select group of local companies to take a stand where there is synergy through provision of a key service to companies – the aim is to provide benefit to both exhibitors and other businesses attending the expo. Also in the main hub we will be joined by five key business membership organisations bringing additional expertise, support services and connectivity: Hampshire Chamber of Commerce; Solent LEP; Federation of Small Businesses (FSB); The Business Magazine and Digital South/Business South.
+ Can I attend the expo even if I haven't registered in advance?
If you have not pre-registered it is not advisable to turn up on the day unless you have phoned in advance to see if there is capacity. We would ask for your understanding in that this is our inaugural Expo and to enable us to give all visitors the best experience this is why pre-registering is essential.
+ What is included within a stand price as an exhibitor?
• Choosing your Zone and stand for the day • 1m x 2m stand space/area • Covered table (choice of sizes 4', 5' or 6') • Power • Refreshments throughout the day • Light buffet lunch • Ability to put leaflet or item(s) in Expo goody bag • Listing on exhibitors website page with link to your website • Password access to online BIS Expo Linked In group • Logo image on main entrance screen along with all other exhibitors • Logo image on Zone screen for your chosen Zone • Supporting posts on social media when you sign up to take a stand • Access to hotel to set up from 7.30pm on 11th September – NB: expensive equipment should not be left unattended overnight on your stand • Five visitor passes (uplift for buffet lunch NOT included) • Expo timings: 10am to 4.30pm on Thursday 12th September • An invitation to the pre Expo drinks and canapes event on 11th September from 6.30-8.30pm for exhibitors, speakers and supporters
+ What is included within the visitor price?
• Parking • Entry • Refreshments upon arrival • Visitor bag • Snacks: tea/coffee, soft drinks and snacks can be purchased in Zone C where seating is available or in the main bar • Alcohol: Alcohol can only be purchased from the Hotel’s bar in the main lounge/entrance hall
+ Who are the sponsors for the event?
No main sponsors. The event is hosted and funded by Phoenix Project Solutions Ltd
+ Who are the service sector companies that will be at the event and what sectors do they represent?
• Branding, PR, Media, Marketing and website design - Breckenridge - The Growth Agency • Data/cyber security - Beyond Encryption, Custodian 360 and Fusion Forensics • Finance/Accounting - BDO LLP • HR - Pure Human Resources • Legal - Paris Smith LLP • GDPR compliance - Phoenix Project Solutions Ltd
+ What is the connection between Business Innovation South Expo and Phoenix Project Solutions Ltd?
Business Innovation South Expo is an event being organised and run by Phoenix Project Solutions Ltd. Phoenix Project Solutions Ltd is a southern based company providing project support to growing businesses in GDPR, Change Implementation, Research and Development and Property related projects.